Happy Feet Summer Camp 2013 will be running throughout July and August. We are catering for children from 2 – 12 years old, so come and join in the fun now and don’t miss out !!!.
Each week of our Happy Feet Summer Camp is themed. All Art & Crafts, Games, Yoga, Music and Play presented is based on the Theme of the Week and every Friday is themed party day, dress up is optional. Opening Times: 9.30am – 1.00pm Monday To Friday.
Themes Of The Week
- 1st – 5th July Under the Sea / Beach
- 8th – 12th July Teddy Bears Picnic
- 15th – 19th July Transport
- 22nd – 26th July Jungle Animals
- 29th – 2nd August Camping Out
- 6th – 9th August The Sun
- 12th – 15th August Pirates and Princesses
- 19th – 23rd August Insects
- 26th – 30th August Friendship and Family
See our Opening Days throughout July and August 2013 and Enroll Now!
Our Sports day was a day filled with fun. The great weather was a real bonus!
We started with the bean bag race and finished with the parachute game, followed with a presentation of our medals and some ice cream!
Our summer graduation project was called “The Continents of the World”.
We discussed in circle time alot of interesting world facts like:
- The difference between land and water.
- In different parts of the world people speak different languages and eat different food.
- The weather is different in other places and on other continents.
A very interesting question arose:
“Is different good or bad?”
“Different is good, it means not the same!”
(Words of wisdom between two future leaders, Alex and Aidan ages 4.)
In our Year One – Gardening Class we discussed the tomato.
“A tomato is a fruit and it grows from seeds”.
The best way to learn about the tomato is to start with the seed.
- Where is the seed found?
- How small is the seed?
- Can we eat the seed?
- Does it taste nice?
- What colour is the tomato when it is growing?
“It is fantastic to watch as the children learn through exploration.”
Our spring project this year was “April Showers”.
- What is rain?
- Where does it come from?
- When does it rain?
- Why do we need rain?
We spent the first day of our April showers project “cloud watching” and circle time started every day with a “quick cloud check!!”
We had amazing fun creating our Crocodiles during Arts & Crafts time. See the amazing results below: